Black Bean Hummus

I love hummus, but it really can bloat me! I noticed that black bean hummus is much easier on me than chickpea. And being a hispanic girl, I try to add black or pinto beans into every meal it seems! Now that I am adventuring into the plant based diet world, as hard is it might seem, recipes like this make it totally easy! Here is a simple recipe that I made that is delicious, even my carnivore faithful hubby likes it (and trust me that is saying something!).

Ingredients:
1 - 15 oz. can of organic black beans, drained
1/2 cup of roasted red peppers
2 tbs. of organic tahini butter
3 cloves of garlic (I really like garlic, so adjust as needed)
1/4 cup of fresh cilantro
1 tsp. of himalayan sea salt
1 tsp. of Franks red hot (this is my addiction, you can add or leave out)
1 tsp. of apple cider vinegar

Directions:
Add all ingredients into food processor. Blend for approximately two minutes. Once it is blended, taste it and adjust salt if needed.

So easy! And it tastes so good! I spread some onto a corn tortilla, added some green onions, some tomatoes and then added another tortilla on top, and warmed it in a pan like you would a quesadilla. I promise, it is tasty and so easy to make!

Enjoy!



Comments

Popular Posts